Recipe type: Entree
Marinated Chicken is a Peruvian food recipe called Pollo en Escabeche.
- 6 pieces chicken (thighs and drumsticks)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ¾ c. white wine vinegar
- ½ c. water
- ½ lemon, sliced in wedges
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp. mace
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- Wash chicken thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add all other ingredients and stir to mix.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl and skim fat off top of liquid remaining in frying pan.
- Return chicken to pan, cover, and refrigerate overnight. Serve cold.