Recipe type: Side
Tacu Tacu is a Peruvian food recipe for bean fritters.
- 2 cups cooked kidney or navy beans, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 strips bacon, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- frying oil
- Mash or puree beans in a food processor. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, and fry bacon until browned. Pour off all but 2 tbsp fat. Saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Stir in beans, rice, and spices. Check seasoning, as the bacon may make salt unnecessary.
- Cook until heated through. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Divide the mixture into four portions, and shape each with moistened hands into a patty.
- Roll in bread crumbs. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Pour 1 inch of oil in a skillet, and heat over medium heat.
- Fry the tacu tacu until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm in a low oven until serving.