Panther Milk Recipe
Panther’s milk is a typical Peruvian dish from the departments of Tumbes and Piura, places where the main ingredient of this preparation is found, the black shells. Its peculiar name is related to the color that this mollusk brings to this dish. It is usually consumed as an entree cocktail especially in the summer.
Carrying out this preparation is very simple, the recipe for panther milk that we bring to you will be a delicacy. The only effort you should make is to get the fresh black shells because it has closed seasons. Put it into practice and delight your loved ones with this delicious cocktail. Let’s go straight to the recipe.
|Total Time:||35 minutes|
|Place of preparation:||The kitchen|
- 8 black shells
- ¼ cup Peruvian mococho
- ¼ cup onion
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup fish stock
- ¼ cup serrano corn
- 1 teaspoon ají pepper Limo without potatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- Salt and pepper
- The first thing you should do is wash the black shells very well. Open them and remove the mollusk very carefully so as not to lose the juice inside. Place them in a bowl with everything and its liquid.
- Add the onion, garlic, ají pepper all very well chopped into tiny pieces. Add the fish stock and season with salt and pepper. Take the preparation to the refrigerator and let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- On the other hand, squeeze the juice of the lemons. Once the time has passed, add the juice to the preparation. Mix everything very well and let marinate for a few more minutes.
- Then, serve in previously cooled glasses. Garnish with chopped cilantro, roasted corn and mococho.
Tips or secrets to prepare panther’s milk
- As a companion you can serve fried green bananas (chifles), shelled corn, cooked sweet potato and a little more chili pepper.
- If you prefer you can also accompany squid or fish rinds.
How panther milk is prepared
This marine cocktail is very easy and quick to prepare. As a star ingredient we have the fresh black shells, additionally it has a mountainous court, yuyo, fish broth, lemon juice, coriander, garlic, chili pepper and onion. All these ingredients must be integrated to form this exquisite dish.