Potato Cake Recipe
This potato cake does not have any filling, it is made up of layers of finely cut potatoes which is accompanied with a milk and egg link, and above all abundant cheese.
The cheese that we will use for the preparation must not be pasteurized or buttery, it must be serrano, above all, have the characteristic of melting. Another feature is having the right potatoes, using white potatoes, it can also be pink potatoes, but for nothing yellow potatoes, nor huayro because they are floury and end up falling apart.
- 1 ½ kg of white potato preferably
- 3 eggs
- 350 gr of Serrano cheese
- 1 bar of butter
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- Whole anise and salt
- Wash the potatoes, peel them and cut them into slices. Calculate making the cuts neither as thick nor as thin as this will depend on the cooking, try to make these slices homogeneous so that there is equality at the time of cooking.
- Prepare a baking sheet and spread it with butter. Arrange the potatoes in slices, interspersed with small pieces of butter and form different layers, trying to make them homogeneous.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, pour the milk little by little and also the salt and anise.
- Now add this mixture to the source with the potatoes until completely covered.
- Slic the cheese on the cake.
- Turn the oven on at a temperature of 180 ° C, let it heat for 15 minutes before placing the pan.
- When this time has passed, introduce it and let it cook for 35 minutes.
- Check from time to time to avoid browning the potato cake. Controls the oven temperature.
- Remove the pan from the oven and serve in square portions.